[Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story and EI distributors

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story and EI distributors
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:56:24 -0500
Hello Gordon ,Tim , Gary , Linda ,Stan , Garry B ,Dave B. and Fellow
Datsun owners ,

 First off , I would like to make the Roadster Community aware of the
fact that there are more people building specialty Datsun / Nissan
distributors than what this Forum and others have advertised .This was
previously pointed out by Stan Chernoff a while back .As Stan pointed
out ,Boone mass marketed his Version for the Datsun Roadster thru the
Internet ,the Forum lists ,and the Name brand Datsun Roadster Vendors
.To his credit , he thought he invented this conversion ,as he
approached me about buying his business in Nov 2007.
  So.... to set the story straight , I saw No need to purchase
information that he made readily available on the Internet for free. I
didn't need to pay for information
I already knew ,on how to Rebuild / Remanufacture Datsun Nissan
Distributors ,as I have been doing this work and this particular
conversion for over 20 years .
I started rebuilding Datsun Distributors and modifying them as far back
as the mid 70's and as many others have done since .
  Nobody has used the Internet like Boone did ,to make it seem to the
general viewing public, that he invented this conversion. Based on his
statement to me , he had a self perceived patent and therefore monopoly
, because of his claimed 270 + sales of the unit .

 I own the now Oldest ( 30 + years ) Datsun / Nissan Z car Specialty
shop in the State of Texas . I have been very busy keeping up with all
the Service ,Repair, Restoration and Race Preparation on my Z car
Customer base ,not to mention all the other Datsun /Nissan /Infinti line
ups as well .
  I do Repair / Restore our beloved Roadsters and have for over 35 years
.As of late, due to the very limited number of cars locally and the
parts availability ,we have been selective of what cars I will work with
. I have done complete frame up Restorations and Race car prepped
chassis' and engines over the years .I bought my first Roadster in 1974
and still own it today .I do sell some NOS ,Remanufactured and Used
parts as well .

 So if you want another option to buy a Quality Electronic Ignition
Distributor ,backed by a 30 year old company that was formed to provide
a better service to it's customers ,drop us a line . I custom build my
units as per customer engine needs ,stock and custom advance curves ,
and we do "Plug and Play" MSD units also .
As Gordon clarified his comments , I'm not Discounting the Boone /
Brisco adventure or Stan's rebuilt unit as not being Good units . I'm
just wanting to make it clear that I offer another alternative to the
Roadster Forum based community of parts offerings .

Best Regards ,
Steve Ehlers
Rising Sun Performance Inc.
7600 Benbrook Parkway Suite #2