[Roadsters] Datsun 1600 and a 5 speed transmission

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Datsun 1600 and a 5 speed transmission
From: David Boerst <dboerst@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
I have a few 1600s and one of them I was contemplating shoehorning a Turbo
300ZX engine and a 5 speed. Anyone ever try that? I have had a few Austin
Healey 100-4s, TR3s and TR4s with smallblock chevys. Even built a MGB with a
231 buick. Now time for a Nissan screamer.

My main 1600 that I have been posting about has a high rise cam (I was told
that when I bought the car) and stainless headers. I have a few Datsun Zs and
was wondering will any Z car 5 speeds bolt up to a 1600. I am quite ignorant
when it comes to Nissan/Datsun cars. Used to be into British cars with American
power. Want to experiment with Nissan/Datsun engine swaps. I also have a couple
mid 80s Datsun pickups with the 4 banger with 8 plugs and 5 speeds. Are they
worth while? Ideas?
http://mail.yahoo.com