Re: [Roadsters] 5 speed transmissions

To: David Boerst <dboerst@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 5 speed transmissions
From: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:07:58 -0700
NONE of the L-series trannies bolt up! The easiest route to go is the
Roadster 5 speed and associated parts, from the U20 engined cars.

An early/mid '80s Nissan diesel P/U transmission will bolt right up, But it
will also probably require some 'massaging' of the frame at the X.  first
gear would be pretty low tho. It is pretty much the same as the Z and other
5 spds of the era, just a different front half on the tranny.

See this thread:
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2749&hilit=5+speed

Daryl