Re: [Roadsters] quirky supercharger set-up picture, R-16 option?

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] quirky supercharger set-up picture, R-16 option?
From: Embarq Customer <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:21:29 -0400 (EDT)
You can suck through or blow through.  The blow through arrangement is a hassle
because you have to put the carb inside a pressurized box.  Otherwise it shoots
gas out all the vents and shaft seals.  You also have to vary the fuel pressure
based on the amount of boost.  The suck through design works pretty well but
with an intercooler you have a bomb waiting for the first backfire.