Re: [Roadsters] quirky supercharger set-up picture, R-16 option?

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus P \(AS\)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] quirky supercharger set-up picture, R-16 option?
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:26:31 -0500
Fergus,

As a former owner of a 1966 1300 Beetle (bought new in 1965), I recall that
a Roots-type blower was offered as a kit once upon a time.  More common were
two-barrel carb/manifolds.  I only had an intake scoop and an extractor
exhaust with dreams of turning it into a Baja bug when we could afford
another car as our family car.  Bought a my '66 1600 in 1971 instead.

Gary