Re: [Roadsters] Aftermarket Rear brake shoe

To: Steve Harvey <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Aftermarket Rear brake shoe
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 08:41:20 -0800 (PST)
> ...a local O'Reilly auto parts store... (shows) correct part
> number is 359.

Have you had a chance to match them up to an OEM shoe? I got an
aftermarket set thru Kargen a few years back and while the metal
backing was correct, the amount and positioning of the shoe
material was quite different. The brakes seem fine to me for the
daily driving I do, but I suspect the stopping characteristics
under high performance driving will be different. Good different
or bad different I don't know :-)

-- John
     John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net