[Roadsters] To vent or not to vent

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] To vent or not to vent
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 05:08:20 -0500
Group,

I installed an original gas tank on my 68 L18 project car. The tank doesn't
have a return line on it, just the feeder line and an overflow tube from the
filler neck back to the tank. I installed a locking gas cap, added 2 gallons
of fuel and started the engine. It ran for a few minutes and then died and
will not start again. I'm wondering if the keyed gas cap is the problem in
that it may not be vented and causing a fuel flow problem. If the weather
warms up again and I can get the car outside I'll try starting it without
the cap installed. I did find another keyed cap that states that it's a
vented cap. If the problem is indeed caused by lack of venting I'll switch
out the caps. Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

Steve

Milwaukee
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html