Re: [Roadsters] Vintage Datsun grill badge

To: Richard Bush <rabush2000@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Vintage Datsun grill badge
From: Paul Courson <cour.jpeg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:30:51 -0400
Cc: Roadster Stuff <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=AxvIhGj+ZuCx7Y4qMRAkywL3QXzqPKYcHUnhfTINkMY=; b=nSYHW5qyvtKTbqlaKBLP3OXpFajgRIWZ3tr/7t2v3TAlKQsj7BYAlmE8a58MM4yyug 4MOy7ylgCqvMHE1fwqGd3r8b164172v/VaDUfVSM0zNAlNoOZMmv036EQGUvsVzPqIpg 9A6HhEJVO9Wco9iwqlHs3pXfW5MYN/2G8jgluuzfSgaAOKCD506OOm1lxN2iznk8Nlid SX1nZfs+P4AsYWozBOrteNvvWa3PUT3WWRNPzroiSNN8YWvMn9aWLc36+3voDmxMDiu2 us1u8u4faWhqO1wnJGWkLlcNeWagbjIBQ2hK6FaoociOaNAShSgSH+9tsWNHg1GXLhLO seEA==
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
OK, I was thinking (scary thought).
This 50th Anniversary grill badge is supposed to be displayed on the GRILL.
It won't / shouldn't be so big that you could even see an outline of the car.
SO get rid of the car outline.  A spectator can SEE the car, right ?
Bigger graphic artwork on a suitably small badge will have more impact
than cluttering it up with a car design.

On a roadster website someone has an idea that I like, without the
deadhead underpinnings (extraneous).

See this link, and what do you think:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=7081

Initially I was even more attracted to some derivation of an
authentic, original badge, again pulling in some strong visual
elements that somebody could actually see from 10 feet away or
whatever.

Like this one, also on the 311s website.
It would be easy to rework with a "50th" or "50 YEARS" in there
somewhere, perhaps with silver on black background in the lower right.

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=5996&mode=view

And in case you missed this one, it's got good curb appeal too:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=5982&t=1

Submitted as food for thought ...

Paul -/- Annapolis

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/rabush2000@hotmail.com