[Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues- follow up

To: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>, datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues- follow up
From: Roy Haslett <hrhaslett@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:26:00 -0800 (PST)
Happy New Year All,
Just wanted to report back on the issues with my 67 1600,
you all gave me excellent advice and suggestions as well as info online.  The
root of my problem was a very bad intake air leak that rendered the 1 and 2
cylinders dead.  I pulled off and replaced all the gaskets on the carbs ,
cleaned them, and replaced the insulator block gaskets.  Manifold gasket was
ok. its a good one I got from Dean.  The car started right up.  I balanced the
carbs at idle, using a UniSyn, perfect at 700rpm.  Set the service screw and,
with a few attempts and fiddling, got the carbs balanced at 2000rpm.  I went
back and rechecked my dwell and timing and it is spot on with the the vacuum
advance working properly.
Now its time to rebuild the brakes, need all new
rubber bits for the calipers and wheel cylinders....any suggestions/tips
???????
Thanks Again
Roy