Re: [Roadsters] Roadster OT: Pathfinder (VG30E) temp gauge wonky

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster OT: Pathfinder (VG30E) temp gauge wonky
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:10:00 +1030
Hi F,
my educated guess is that the thermostat is stuck OPEN.
That will cause the engine to use COLD coolant from start up.
The temp. gauge reads from the ENGINE side of the thermostat so it is
highly likely that it will fluctuate as the engine momentarily heats
the coolant.
Better than being stuck closed, BUT, still requiring to be changed:-)

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
http://tinyurl.com/6n5aza
Adelaide