[Roadsters] OT- 54 Packard convertible

To: chalsted@comcast.net
Subject: [Roadsters] OT- 54 Packard convertible
From: stevenehlers@charter.net
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 00:28:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Craig ,
  They are "Original" only once as they say ,so to paint it now ,even
professionally ,would it add so much value to a potential buyer is the
question ,that is comparable to your Datsun trade ....

How much does it cost to completely disassemble and paint this car ,with
new needed items ( can you even get them easily and or ,does he supply
them in the job ?) that get removed that need replacement at the time of
a"complete" overall repaint ???  How much time to do it ,and will he do
it on a timely basis .?.?.

  My guess is that a High end paint job starts at 10-15k .If he isn't in
that ball park of cost or value of a car your trying to batter with
,"Bail" now . If I wanted this car ,I would want it as is -were is .

I don't know what the price range of a 54 Packard beater is compared to
a Top Flight Concourse restored car .... Do the research for peach of
mind ,and decide were this car would be ,quality wise then ..

Unless your feeling sorry for the guy ,you owe him a favor ,or your
trying to do your part to support humanity ,in this God forsaken Country
,that we have been turned into by the HNIC , then do the deal and feel
better about doing your part for your own good karma ......

Good luck on your decision .

  Steve
www.risingsunperformance.com
"The Datsun Z Car Experts"