Re: [Roadsters] Out of Hibernation III

To: "twokeelya@gmail.com" <twokeelya@gmail.com>, datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Out of Hibernation III
From: Richard Shepard <sales@rslaserkits.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 20:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
No easy way, you need to take the tank out and cut out the top. Then wire
brush the insides the best you can. Mine was the same, seems the new great gas
reacts with the galvanizing and makes the white crap when the car has sat for
a time. Mine sat about 4 years.  My tank when you looked inside looked new but
think I took a cup or more of the white power out of it. Coating the tank
without going inside might help a while but will start pealing off before too
long. When wet the powered turns to mud and fine flakes. I had Steve at
Z-Therapy do mine as he has done more then a few in the last few years.
rich
2- 68's one stock one KA