Re: [Roadsters] Dead dead dead

To: "Walter.Peterson" <Walter.Peterson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Dead dead dead
From: GaryAOL <geegc@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:22:03 -0400
Cc: "<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Thanks for reminding me to report back.

I finally got off of my backside and went out to try to fix the problem. It
turned out to be very simple, the ground battery cable was completely corroded
and making intermittent contact between the battery and the chassis.

So a seven dollar AutoZone replacement cable fixed the problem and the car
started right up.

I also cleaned up the positive cable just in case, but that was in better
shape. I don't understand why it happened, I must've replaced both cables no
more than 15 years ago!

Gary

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/walter.peterson@cox.n