Re: [Roadsters] Restoring Polyprope plastic (ie windshield washer bottle

To: "'Charles Hubbard'" <cehubbard@verizon.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Restoring Polyprope plastic (ie windshield washer bottles)
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:11:50 -0500
A while back I looked into the costs of doing a low-volume,
cast-high-temperature epoxy (aluminum impregnated) mold for either
blow-molding (original process) or roto-molding a repop Roadster washer
bottle.

I have friends / business associates who do both molding processes, and I
sent them both some pictures of the bottle to get an estimate.  With the
mold cost estimated at around $8,000 and part cost estimated at $50, you'd
have to sell quite a few, or just a couple VERY expensive parts to justify
the investment.  I didn't think the market was there for it.

Mark Sedlack
66 1600
77 280Z
New Franklin, Ohio