[Roadsters] Alvin's Hardtop

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Alvin's Hardtop
From: Dan Heinze via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:16:06 -0700

--===============2645739564650586463==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0225_01D61EE0.BEA76F80"

------=_NextPart_000_0225_01D61EE0.BEA76F80
        charset="us-ascii"

Alvin. as I remember you once mentioned on this list that the folk at Z car
garage did your roadster hardtop.  Do you have pics of the process or any
details on what they did?

My 68 Solex Roadster is almost ready for paint and I would like to also
update my port hole window hard top.

Are the side windows behind the door custom cutouts?  Looks like the top was
built up around the rear window???  Any tips/info will be appreciated.

Recent work on my roadster includes full engine rebuild with all parts
matched and balanced (85K original miles), NOS late model Solex (replaced
the original old style Solex), Evans waterless coolant, new heater core -
valve - cables, seats stripped to metal and rebuilt/reupholstered, all new
interior carpet and panels., new wheel bearings and suspension wear parts
all around, new calipers and rear cylinders, new lines, new shoes/pads, new
rotors, new comp front springs and sway bar, new fiberglass rear springs,
new Bilstein adjustable shocks, chassis coated, body work done, etc.  Hope
to get to painting soon..

Being in San Diego, I never use a top, but would like to make it look nice
in case I ever do.

Thanks / Dan

------=_NextPart_000_0225_01D61EE0.BEA76F80
        charset="us-ascii"

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"; =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Alvin&#8230; as I remember you once mentioned on this =
list that the folk at Z car garage did your roadster hardtop.&nbsp; Do =
you have pics of the process or any details on what they =
did?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My 68 Solex Roadster is almost =
ready for paint and I would like to also update my port hole window hard =
top.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Are the side windows behind the =
door custom cutouts?&nbsp; Looks like the top was built up around the =
rear window???&nbsp; Any tips/info will be appreciated.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Recent work on my roadster includes full engine =
rebuild with all parts matched and balanced (85K original miles), NOS =
late model Solex (replaced the original old style Solex), Evans =
waterless coolant, new heater core &#8211; valve &#8211; cables, seats =
stripped to metal and rebuilt/reupholstered, all new interior carpet and =
panels&#8230;, new wheel bearings and suspension wear parts all around, =
new calipers and rear cylinders, new lines, new shoes/pads, new rotors, =
new comp front springs and sway bar, new fiberglass rear springs, new =
Bilstein adjustable shocks, chassis coated, body work done, etc.&nbsp; =
Hope to get to painting soon&#8230;.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Being in San Diego, I never use a top, but would like =
to make it look nice in case I ever do.<o:p></o:p></p><p =