fot

new smog reg bill

To: Nickbk@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: new smog reg bill
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 01:41:32 -0500 (EST)
CA State Senator Quentin Kopp has introduced a bill (SB42), that IF PASSED,
would exempt cars 25 years old and older from CA's Smog Check II.
(1) such a bill was requested by British Car Club Members & others
(2) other states have started to copy CA smog laws.
(3) Many people have yet to face the new CA Smog Check II, so they are not
yet aware of how unfairly it makes the 25+ year old  cars meet standards that
they did not have to meet when brand new!
 I called Senator Kopp's office for the first time ever yesterday & they told
me that the best way to help get this vital bill passed was to
send/fax/contact his office or one's
local CA Senator.
 SB42 should get voted on in the next 30 days.  His office has sent a copy of
SB42 to me and I have read it.
Senator Quentin L. Kopp's local office address is:
363 El Camino Real # 205
So. San Francisco, CA 94080     Tel# (415) 952-5666   Fax# (415) 589-5953

  Thank you in advance for any help with this!
 Catpusher@aol.com (TR3 Racer & owner of several British cars: Hardy
Prentice)
  I ask interested car enthusiasts to please spread the word about this
unusual opportunity to lobby for an important bit of sane legislation!  HP