fot

Re: Overboring TR liners.

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Overboring TR liners.
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 07:52:13 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Bob Kramer wrote:

list them separately.  Can I overbore the 87MM liners to 89mm and buy just a
set of pistons and rings? Or do I have to use their new liners? Anyone done
this or have other suggestions?

        As I understand the 89mm piston and liner set, to use them in
        your engine, you have to have some machining done to the block I
        think where the sleeve skirts (They may need to be wider) fit into
        the block, and I think you may need some head work as well... I don't
        think just boring out the sleeves will do it... (Hmmm I thought 88mm
        pistons were available).

        To be sure check with Ken Gillanders at BFE...

        BTW You may be able to get the 88mm pistons fron Moss Britain
        (formerly Triumph Tun, Formerly Moss of Britain with connection to
        Moss USofA)

        Good luck,

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois