fot

Re: Italia

To: JHarkness@aol.com
Subject: Re: Italia
From: Mike Engard <mike@ragtops.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 00:22:06 -0800
JHarkness@aol.com wrote:

> Mike, I'm one of the guys who tried to respond to your intro letter and had
> trouble with the address.  So I'll try again.
>
> I'm approaching my 10th season of campaigning a 59 TR3A, and having a ball.
>  Can't believe there is still so much to learn.  Would agree with most of
> what the other guys have been telling you.  Grand Wazoo (aka Mike Jackson) in
> FL runs one of the prettiest, and definitely the fastest, TR in the country.
>  And he's a good guy too.
>
> I would certainly 2nd, or 3rd, or whatever, your desire to run the Italia.
>  Most unusual car, but based on running gear that's pretty available.
>
> Rather than carry on too long, let me give you my phone number and the offer
> to help in any way - sources, advice, etc. I'm in Ohio, only about 5 miles
> from Mid Ohio (have even been known to drive the TR to the track, just like
> the old days)
> 419-886-2236.  S
The response has been most impressive. I'll be on Friends of Triumphs by
tomorrow. The computer stuff is new for me and I'm not sure what I just
did. I think I wrote to the Grand Wazoo but then sent one to oblivion
instead of Jeff Snook. Thanks Jeff for the info. Why won't the VSCCA
allow Triumphs? To plebian? I'm in Pennsylvania so these two races are
ones I'd be interested in.
  I sent a response to someone concerning my previous track experince
aswell as my motivation in this project. If possible. could that person
forwaerd that note here??

Thaks again ans stay in touch

Mike Engard Italia