fot

Re:

To: Marc Robertson <marc@blackberry-ridge.com>
Subject: Re:
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:24:43 -0600
Marc Robertson wrote:

> I guess I remain puzzled as to why Midwest Council events are largely
> ignored for vintage racing.  <Snip>
> Marc Robertson
> marc@blackberry-ridge.com

Marc,

I ran Council vintage events for the first couple of years of my vintage
racing. I still try to make the Looooong Race weekend in October as
there's a lot of track time, and a fair amount of "vintage" emphasis,
but overall, I don't race their events any more. More often than not,
cars are lumped together in odd groups, with widely varied cars. I was
racing a 948cc Sprite with Turbo Porsche Carerras and 427 Chevelles at
Blackhawk Farms where the track is narrow and the runoff areas
treacherous. No thanks.

The people are nice, and their driver's school was better than a number
of vintage organization's schools.

Wm. Severin Thompson
Team Thicko