fot

Triumph Found/Miscellaneous Stuff

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph Found/Miscellaneous Stuff
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 13:29:03 -0600
Friends of Triumph,

A few months ago we had a FOT member looking for a vintage prepared TR4
and several folks jumped in to offer leads. The TR4 has been found and
it will be in his hands in time to start the season here in the MidWest.

Thank you to all who made calls, sent videos, or just even responded to
the inquiry. Several jumped in and forwarded the ad from GRM to our Quad
City Connection. Perhaps he would have found this car on his own, but I
think it is an example of "internet-working" to our mutual benefit.

SVRA says: "The Spitfire was introduced in 1962. Can you believe the
Spitfire came out 35 years ago? Well, it did, and we have decided to
honor the ENTIRE Triumph marque at Road America in May."

SVRA had one of it's biggest events when it had Triumph as the featured
marque at Mid-Ohio in 1992. Last year's featured marque was Jaguar ,and
there may have been other factors, but it did not fare nearly as well.
VSCDA had a great event this last fall featuring the Triumph. We had a
couple folks drive out from the east coast as well as participants from
the west. Now, more respect from SVRA...an embarrassment of riches for
the Triumph Marque. We deserve it!

Recently one of our members scanned in some of his pictures taken at the
Fall Festival and sent them here to Iowa to Jack Drews, Me, &  son Sean.
What a cabin fever treat! Thanks, Pat.

Later

TR4 #197