fot

GRM

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: GRM
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 97 07:58:39 EST
Hi all,
     I just received the current issue of Grass Roots
Motorsports last night.  Its a very good issue for
Triumph fans.  Project Rotary Spitfire has finally
begun.  There's also an article where J.K. Jackson
diagnoses a reader's D/SP TR-6 autocross car.  BTW,
with regards to the recent thread on sway bars, the
photo of the sway bar on this TR-6 looks a lot like
the ones on my TR-4 (if anyone cares).
     Most importantly for this group, though, there's
a nice article on road racing Specials.  One of the
featured cars/builders is Bill Ames and his Ambro;
there's a nice photo of Bill in the car.  I had heard
of the Peyote Special, but until this article I had
no idea that it was the prototype for the Ambro.

cheers,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm