fot

Re: TR4; -ve camber front suspension

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: TR4; -ve camber front suspension
From: Paul Thompson <paul@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97 14:49:24 GMT

> On Mar 21,  6:06am, Paul Thompson wrote:
> > I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension on my TR4.
> > I'm intending to use the Revington TR fast road/rally kit. This
> > includes an adjustable top fulcrum pin for setting vertical swing
> > angle and camber.
>
> Hmmm, I've never ehard of or seen ads for this kit, even in the
> British car magazines that I do read.  I'd be interested in
> hearing more about this kit.

IMHO Revington TR are one of the best suppliers in Europe for TRs.
Niel Revington who runs it has many years experience behind him,
he owns two of the old works TR4s and has spent many years supplying
race/rally equipment.

They offer a number of integrated suspension kit that are intended
to provide a tailored handling package for particular needs. The
road/rally kit is based on slightly uprated springs and shocks, 450lb
at the front, nylon bushes front and rear, anti-roll bars front and
rear (rose jointed) and adjustable vertical swing and camber. Ground
clearance is kept as standard (for rallying).

They do race set-ups also these have less ground clearance (90mm).
For the man who has everything they also do a completely redesigned
front wishbone set-up with rose joints on everything and will only
sell this to personnel customers at thier shop where they can set
it up properly.

They advertise in all the mags, but they don't seem to have to try
too hard. Niel is known to everyone in the UK who owns a TR due
to his self publicity at rallys and TR register events. He even
got him self and 4 VC onto the BBC's top TV motor progam recently.

They will send or fax a full spec sheet if your interested.

Tel +44 1823 698437
Fax +44 1823 698109

I have no conection blah, blah, just a satisfied customer.

Paul.