fot

Conversion Components

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Conversion Components
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:38:44 -0800
I *think* it was on this list where we've done some discussion of
five-speed Japanese gearboxes to Triumphs... I've been corresponding
with a guy in New Zealand who makes a business of this sort of
thing. The company is

Conversion Components
2 Martha Street
Waihi, New Zealand
+64 7 863 8509
+64 7 863 6354 fax

(full entry in the monster list). His gearbox weapons of choice
come from the Toyota parts bin. He sent me photos of the installation
he recently completed a Supra 5 speed into a TR3. The Supra
box should take 300 bhp; he's been installing them into racing 240Zs
lately because the stock Datsun box won't take the power.

Work looks *very* nice - he casts his own custom bellhousings. The kit
for the TR3 conversion, including pretty much everything, is about $1700
delivered to your door.

I've been talking to him about a similar job for a GT6, probably using
the smaller 2T (I think that's it) gearbox. It would appear that
he's never seen a GT6 up close; maybe there's someone Down Under
who would like to commission such a conversion so we could all benefit
from the resultant parts?