fot

A Proposal

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: A Proposal
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 02:08:36 -0700
For a while, I've had a private email list of folks interested in Triumphs,
or at least sympathetic to the cause.  This list, TRGang@autox.team.net, was
a lot like the FOT list, in that it was a low volume, invitation-only, friendly
forum to talk about mostly Triumphs, and the occasional Neat Car Experience as
well.  The list has roughly a dozen folks on it, and as it happens about half
of those folks are on this Friends of Triumph list.

So what I was thinking is that I could get rid of the TRGang list, and add to
fot anyone on trgang not already here.  This list has been a bit more technical,
and oriented towards the TR series of cars.  A couple of the folks I'm proposing
to add don't even own Triumphs!  Roger Garnett, though, does have a TR based
Peerless, and Scott Fisher, who has never owned a Triumph in his life, though
he came real close a couple of years ago [I'd rather not discuss it!] would be
nothing but a benefit to the list, as those of you familiar with his writings
can well imagine.  So, I'm asking for this lists' opinion on adding to FOT:

   Bob Bownes <bownes@lucas.emi.com>
   Scott Fisher <SFisher@best.com>
   Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
   Pugs Pivirotto <pugsracer@aol.com>
   Rik Schlierer <RGS03@health.state.ny.us>
   Bill Sohl <billsohl@planet.net>

If you want to know more about any of these folks, I'll be happy to oblige.

In order to help you make an informed choice about merging the two lists,
here's an example of a recent posting to the trgang list.  I think I mention
a Triumph in there somwhere.  Anyway, let me know if you have an opinion
one way or the other.  And my apologies to those on the TR Gang list who've
already had to endure the following note!

mjb.
----