fot

RE: TR3 Oil Pressure

To: "'Alexander Joseph H'" <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: RE: TR3 Oil Pressure
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 12:44:55 -0400
But the problem could be,

1. a head gasket installed in such a way that the oil passage from the
block to the head is sealed off.
2. The wrong rocker pedestal on the rear pedestal boss.
3. The rocker shaft reversed (or misaligned) so that the oil passage in the
rear pedestal doesn't communicate with the center void of the shaft.

I have committed all these sins.....

You can pre-oil the system using a spare oil pump drive shaft in a 1/2"
reversible drill motor. Remove the distributor and distributor stand. Chuck
up the oil pump drive shaft in the drill, insert it into the oil pump and
run it in reverse, counterclockwise.

Regards,
Chip
ps. lost an engine last weekend due to bad lifters, BE CAREFUL GUYS!