fot

[Fwd: Valve Cover GASKET]

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Valve Cover GASKET]
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 15:23:49 +0000

--------------608C416AB5E

Here's a potential source for decent valve cover gaskets!

Let's give this gentleman our support!

uj

--------------608C416AB5E

Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 20:48:38 -0700
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
To: Me <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, dmericas@limno.com, dsforza@megahits.com,
        vafred@erols.com, emanteno@ix.netcom.com, jibrooks@juno.com,
        vinttr4@forbin.com, wassallj@philly.infi.net, JIMBPPS@worldnet.att.net,
        hx459@cleveland.freenet.edu, mwjordan@juno.com,
        msmiljan@dove.mtx.net.au, pcarson@llcfh.demon.co.uk, Paulsv@aol.com,
        mcsherry@megalink.net
CC: Me <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Valve Cover GASKET

You will recall that I am working on creating a better valve cover
gasket for the TR's.  As we speak, my mold is being CNC'd.  There were
delays due to personnel changes at the shop I am utilizing.  It will
soon be completed and, shortly, I will be able to test the design.  I
have every confidence that it will prove to be an excellent seal!

Hopefully I will be able to offer them up soon.  Initially, I will only
be able to produce a few at a time, as the material itself has a slow
cure rate... and it is cost-prohibitive for me to create additional
molds until I have a sense of the interest out there...and how well the
gasket is received by TR owners such as yourself.

I would appreciate any efforts on your part to let other TR owners know
of my progress... and to pass along to me the names and addresses
(e-mail or snail-mail) of anyone that is interested or who you think
woudl be interested.

The initial gaskets will be sold on a first come-first served basis
until a time comes that I can make some extra molds and get production
moving a bit more swiftly!  I'm confident that this gasket is going to
work great.

Thank you for your patience.

Justin Wagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com

QUESTION:  The gasket is thick and visible when in place... in contrast
to the thin cork gasket that tended to disappear under the cover.  Which
color would you rather see:  BLACK or silicone BLUE?  My guess is
everyone will prefer black... but I'm curious if maybe some like the
"high performance" look of a clean blue silicone...   Let me know.

(My message to those concours types:  Use my gasket to get your car to
the show... so your block will stay clean... then for show, change to a
cork gasket when you get there!)

--------------608C416AB5E--