fot

Re: Triumph axles

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM, friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph axles
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 97 11:30:27 EDT
On Jun 5, 11:21am, Jack W Drews wrote:
> The heavy duty axle shaft project is progressing pretty well, but we
> desire some input.

Sounds good.

> Our concern is whether or not the shrunk-on collar would stay in
> place under racing conditions.

One thing to keep in mind is many of us are using tires (and
suspension desgins) that put much more force on these axles
than they were ever designed for.  I'm sure that consideration
motivated your question, but I'm wondering if there's any way
to estimate just how much extra force we're putting on them.
Is 2X, 3X, 4X, more?

> Does any one have real life first hand experience with this particular
> axle?

Not me, sorry.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU