fot

Re: DS11

To: rjl6n@UVA.PCMAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU, Catpusher@aol.com, jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org
Subject: Re: DS11
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 14:01:13 -0400 (EDT)
I too have been running Porterfields (Carbon-Kevlar brake pads since DS11's
got scarce) for about three years and love them. Never a fade and reasonable
wear. In Vintage road racing good for 4 to 6 weekends. About $65 a
pair.....but as you said they do make things black and dusty to clean
afterwards. A small price to pay for brakes which pull like a team of stopped
elephants behind you. And this is in a  65 TR4A IRS with stock TR6 calipers.
Non vented rotors but we do inconspicuously duct to cool. Synthetic high temp
fluid. Love to hear more on this thread. Cheers..
 Bill Burroughs, So West VTR National Rep, 70 TR6, 68 TR250, 59 TR3A,
73 MKIV, 69 GT6+ and two 65 TR4A Vintage Race cars. Happy Motoring!