fot

Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend

To: Chip Bond <spirals@ESINET.NET>,
Subject: Re: John and Val's Excellent Weekend
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 14:34:29 EDT
On Jul 15,  1:55pm, Chip Bond wrote:
> Our own John Lye, not known to toot his own horn, set Fastest Time of the
> Day at VTR solo competition last week.

Thanks Chip - yeah, I'm easily embarassed sometimes <sheepish grin>

> This is the second year in a row
> that John's car has returned home with a VTR overall victory. But last year
> leadfooted Val brought home the FTD trophy. This year Val had to settle for
> a class first.

Mark Bradakis managed to sneak his SPitfire in between us - he gave me
a serious challenge, but the big TR's torque prevailed.

> But this is not the end of the story. The organizers, realizing that they
> had a record number of competition cars, set up a separate judging class
> for the car show. Yep you guessed it. More first place trophies to lug
> home.

It was nice to see so many race cars in the show - this is something
that I'd really like to see the VTR encourage.  There are a lot of
really neat cars out there on the vintage circuit that a lot of
folks would really enjoy seeing.

> Way to go John!

Thanks.

> (is red really faster?)

Dunno, but it sure attracts attention!
On Jul 15,  2:11pm, Alexander Joseph H wrote:
> Subject: John and Val's Excellent Weekend
> I suppose this means, because it is so close to home for us, that Jack
> Drews and I will have to take our Vintage racers to Winona in 98.

You bet - we're counting on it!

> but it would be fun to have a group of
> nicely prepared competition cars all together.

It could make for a really exciting display; I'd love to see
them there.

> But believe me Jack's car will be major candidate in the car show.

I can't wait to see it up close!

> Congratulations, John & Val...

Thanks very much.

John Lye