fot

OIL PAN

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: OIL PAN
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 97 10:14:29 pst

     I found a fellow who used to make oil pans for race cars.  He has
     moved up to bigger and better things but still enjoys doing this
     custom stuff. I told him of my oil starvation problems especially in
     hard left turns.  He did come by my place and I showed him a block and
     standard pan.  He indicated that when racing season is over for him
     (he's a mechanic on a nationally sponsored funny car team) he'll make
     a pan.  -He seemed to indicate that it would be easy to do.  He may
     be(?) additionaly motivated if others are interested.

     Any comments or thoughts -
      i.e. building in "stiffness" in the pan to bolster the block?  or are
     there ?girdels that can do this.  I am referring to engine harmonincs
     that can interfere with the main caps support of the crank....

     Mordy

     Mordy