fot

SCCA Runoffs/VSCDA @IRP Triumph Pilots Prentice, Bond, Drews

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCCA Runoffs/VSCDA @IRP Triumph Pilots Prentice, Bond, Drews
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:58:48 -0500
Hardy & Chip,

Thanks for hosting me on this significant event. It was a pleasure to
meet everyone. Especially for the first time after conversing on the
internet. Thanks for the shirt, Hardy & Ellie. Thanks for the ribs and
all of the other amenities, Chip & crew.

I have not seen the SpeedVision tape of Day One and EP. It is somewhere
in town. I suspect that one of my sons have it. Not to worry. All three
days will be repeated on Saturday. I will get a tape duped off and sent
out, Hardy. Did you need one, Chip?

Someone send me Bob Lang's e-mail address so that I can get him on the
FOT list.

Just think FOT... there was one TR3 (Hardy) and one TR4 (Chip) along
with 4 or 5 TR6s. Hardy's TR3 handles like no other TR3 I have seen.

I watched at the keyhole, during qualifying, and Hardy went through
there precisely the same way each time with the same movement of the
wheel occuring exactly at the same place, albeit any movement was spare.
During the race, Hardy suffered the indignity of being punted from the
rear in an early lap. Reportedly he left the track at about two feet in
the air, but returned to work his way back up to the middle of pack.
This is Hardy's 23rd running with a mighty tow from California and no
indication that this will cease. Only "PC", the Prentice cat, knows for
sure and he isnt telling.

Chip's car is impressive and it was well driven, but I am particularly
impressed with his choice of friends and crew. When the car was not
handling well earlier in the week this group, which included John Lye
(TR4) and Bob Lang (TR6), they reconstructed the front suspension to
convert the upper control arms from solid arms to adjustable rod ends.
Job well done and effective. I am tempted to make this conversion and
probably should.

Wait!!! There is more!!! Linda and I went to Indianapolis Raceway Park
on Sunday to see Jack, Frances & Tony race their  impeccable TR4 fixed
head coupe with VSCDA. A flawless weekend of racing, with the car
running and up near the front of pack. Jack seems very pleased.

We also all got "TEAM THICKO" tattoos administered by the head thicko
himself, Bill Thompson. Still hasnt washed off.

That's it for our season. A great way to end it.

We will be running at Mosport next June unless Jack's opts for something
earlier.

Other Stuff....Artist/Photographer Petrolati is refining the FOT Logo a
bit and hopefully we will have it in production for decals, and more,
after the first of the year. Bill Thompson says he has a good supplier
for decals.

Alexander Racing