fot

Waste-o-bandwidth...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Waste-o-bandwidth...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 02:11:45 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow "end of the season now I gotta do the "honey-do" things I've put off
all year cause I was racin" guys...

So, I've got this tree that's starting to split my retaining wall, a chain
saw, a free Saturday afternoon and a six pack-o-cold ones...What's wrong with
this scenario?
Actually, not that much, but I'm sure glad no one had a video of it. If you
guys are like me, you pride yourself on havin a "place for everything, and
everyting in its place"...yeah right. Well I knew where the chain saw was,
and the beer was conveniently in the fridge, but I looked all over for my ear
protectors. I looked everywhere, and then looked again, still don't know
where they got to. Now I'm out there with all the "woodchoppers"
 paraphernalia, and feelin stupid...what can I use to keep the noise down?
After a few minutes of brow wrinklin, it comes to me. Race cars are loud, and
they're not as loud with your helmet on ! Now I'm not sure if the Snell
foundation ever tested a nice new Bell helmet for specs on hearing
retention/loss, but it was definetly a sight to see this "beer drinkin, tree
chopping" guy up a tree in a new Bell Mag 4.
Luckily, no video exists, or I'd be payin already...

By the way, there is absolutely NO TRUTH to the rumor that Hardy was seen
test driving a Miata this week at a remote Georgia dealership.
             Nick in Nor Cal