fot

Quaife

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Quaife
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 97 17:29:06 pst
     I had a ring and pinnion fiasco at my last race.  Upshifting from
     first to 2nd gear under full throttle a rather loud noise was
     heard comming from the rear with a simultaneous disruption in
     forward propulsion.

     The gears were history.  Now, the ring gear was mated to a Quaife
     limited slip.  I would like to take it apart and clean it.  Any
     suggestions before I take this thing apart...i.e. Is it spring
     loaded?  Am I opening a pandoras' box?  Any tricks....

     TIA
     Mordy