fot

Re: Figure 8 gaskets

To: <BFEKENG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Figure 8 gaskets
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 10:13:26 -0600
Ken,
I rec'd your message about sending the sleeves back to have them
re-sized.  I ordered figure 8 gaskets from the "big 3" TRF, VB and Moss
and measured them for thickness.  TRF has original brass/copper type if
ordered separately at .017", the ones that come in the gasket set at
you sell are .017", MOSS was out of stock, but the Victoria British
ones measured out about half way between .014" and .015". These are
shiny steel color as opposed to the satin steel color that comes in the
gasket set. I think that they will work and get me back into range and
night be useful info for others.  When MOSS sends the B/O I'll update
you all.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race