fot

Re: TR4/A Gas Lines

To: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: TR4/A Gas Lines
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:01:22 -0500
Kevin O'Driscoll wrote:

> Dear FOT's,
>  and what alternative pumps are
> recommended?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> -Kevin

Kevin -- choice of fuel pumps probably is dependent on what use you put
the car to.

For a street car, maybe the ice cube size Facet pump is OK. For racing,
I and at least three other drivers have found it to be of insufficient
volume. The Facet upgrade, the "interrupter" style, cylindrical pump
about six inches long, will also not keep up with my car on long
straights. I resorted to two Facet interrupters because that was all
that was available at the track on the day I had to change.

The one pump that I know of NO failures, either pump failures or
volume/pressure failures, is the Holley series 802. It puts out 70 gph
at 14 psi. It comes with a regulator to get the pressure down to the
level we need, which is 3 to 5 psi and can be had for about $70.

I would also advise against the pressure regulators that are available
at auto parts stores under the name Purolator and others - the pretty
chrome plated job with the front mounted dial. I know of six failure,
mine included, although I know Joe A's car has one and it works fine
except when he snags his sleeve on it and accidently turns the pressure
down.

Good luck.

--
uncle jack the carfrek