fot

Re: TR3 Fiberglass Fenders

To: jsnook@wcnet.org, BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Fiberglass Fenders
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:28:25 EST
To All:

What a crock!  SNOOK MARKETING!  "Fibreglass fenders MAY be OK.  Oh yeah, I
have fibreglass fenders for sale."

Vintage TRIUMPH Race Cars don't have flared fenders.  Jeff...you have no idea
what we went through so that you, personally, would avoid a hassel with your
NON-VINTAGE fenders.  But it's over!  The word is out.  You run em again, and
you will be shot, and your wife will be violated.  Not necessarily in that
order.

Actually, when Bob Wismer totaled his TR4 at Watkins Glen a few years back, it
was discovered that HE HAD SEVERAL FIBREGLASS FENDERS.  I have not spoken to
him since (and we paddock together).

In retrospect, I believe if you have flared fenders and don't pass anyone,
there will be no problem.  But if you start passing people, well...such a
stink will rise...

DO THE RIGHT THING.  No flared fenders.

Bill Dentinger

P.S.

I am going to a meeting in Charlotte.  If I do not get signed up by a NASCAR
TEAM I will be back next week.