fot

FLYWHEELS, YET...

To: friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: FLYWHEELS, YET...
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:59:00 -0500
If you asked me for a print of my TR flywheel lightening approach,
please read this (I didn't keep a list).

Please be aware that if you make the ring gear thinner per the drawing,
the new super starters (Schumacher, Tilton, others) will not work with
the flywheel. The stock starter engages from the rear, but the gear
reduction starters engage from the front - the side that was thinned.

I hope this has not inconvenienced anyone but myself -- I just
discovered this tonight.

Next time I take the engine out, I'm going to re-fit the stock ring gear
to the lightened flywheel so I can use the better starter.
--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer