fot

USED BMC BOOKS - Bookstore discoveries

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: USED BMC BOOKS - Bookstore discoveries
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:25:59 -0800
I did some more used bookstore hunting today... I bought the books that
I thought were worthy of interest and where the price was reasonable.  I
have some new finds to offer for various BMC.  As before, I marked the
books up only enough to cover my time, gasoline, etc, but feel I have
kept them reasonable.

I will continue to look for Haynes for the out of print Haynes... I have
seen them! Keep the faith.

Please e-mail if interested in any of these books.

                       ************************************

Autobooks "TR 2, TR 3, TR 3A Owner's Workshop Manual, Autobook 849, by
Kennth Ball.  (I've always prefered haynes over these, but they are
helpful.)  Approx 7 1/2" x 9 3/4" x 5/8", 168 pages, very new condition,
$19.00 plus shipping.

                         **********************************

The Jaguar Story, By Joseph H. Wherry, "Chilton's Sebring Series", first
edition, 1967, Approx. 5 1/2" x 8" x 1", 241 pages, lots of black and
white pictures and specifications, paper jacket cover a little worn out,
but book itself is in very good condition, $21.00 plus shipping.

                        ***********************************

The Triumph TRs, A Collector's Guide, by Graham Robson, 2nd Edition,
1981 w the new TR 8 edition of information, very good condition, like
new.  This book can still be found new, so shop around, but this one is
$19.00 plus shipping.

                         ************************************

"MGA & MGB Service Repair Handbook (All Models 1956 to 1976), 224 pages,
by Alan Ahlstand, CLYMER PUBLICATIONS, First Edition  1974. (about 10" x
7" x 1/2" softbound).
It's in good shape.  Cover is only a little shelf-scuffed, pages are
like new.  $20.00 plus shipping costs.

                  **********************************

Triumph 1300, 1300 TC, & 1500 fwd Owners Handbook,  Covers all front
wheel drive models 1965 to 1973, interesting <<<LITTLE>>>> Haynes
publication.  They cave cool troubleshooting flow charts and helpful
information.    ALSO OF INTEREST
TO RESTORERS... chapter of optional equipment available from various
after-market suppliers.   Approx. 9" tall by 6 3/4" wide by 3/8thick,
111 pages,  $12.50 plus shipping:

                          ************************************

Jaguar XJ6, 1968 thrus 1986, Seires 1,2,& 3, 4.2 Liter (258 cu in., 6
cyl.) Automotive Repair Manual, HAYNES. (8 1/4 x 10 1/2 x 5/8"), 312
pages, like new condition, $20.00 plus shipping.

                         *************************************

I found some other books of interest, but they were expensive.   Perhaps
they are rare or something.  If you want them, let me know.

THE MG (Series "MGA", MGA 1600 & MGA 1600 MK II) Workshop Manual, Issued
by M.G. Car Company Limited.  approx. 10 1/2" x 8" x 7/8", hardbound,
yellow cover, It's like new... and because of the type of printing, it
seems like it could be some sort of reprint... but there is absolutely
NO dates or indications that it is a reprint.  $45.00 plus shipping.

THE MGA, MGB, and MGC, by Graham Robson, 1978, hardbound book, 135
pages. This is the "the story of"... NOT a workshop manual.  It may
still be available new. (shop around first!)  This book is in very good
condition.  $20.00 plus shipping.

MORGAN 1936 - 69 Autobook (Four-four series 1 to 5 1936-68, Four-Four
1600 68-69, Plus-Four 1950-69, Plus-Four-Plus 63-66) by R. Clark, 177
pages, blue cover, Autopress England, some water damaged on inside of
cover and binding, pages good, with some water staining.  $34.00 plus
shipping.  (I don't recommend this manual, but if you know what it is
and want it... it's your call.)

MG "Series A and Magnette: Tuning and Maintenance, by Philip H. Smith,
G.T. Foulis & Co. LTD, London, Introduction is dated 1957, (otherwise,
no copyright date, etc.) 135 pages, approx 8 1/2" x 5 3/8", good
condition, $50.00 plus shipping.

That's it for now.

Let me know.

Justin