fot

TR3

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3
From: JHarkness <JHarkness@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 08:26:18 EST
Greetings, all.  Since I had posted my original need for a TR3 frame and tub
on this list, I thought I'd give you all an update.  After many phone
conversations, e-mail, postings on "Traderonline", etc., etc., I finally
settled on a car in Iowa(Sigourney, for you Iowans).  Went out to see it last
Friday, and it was pure junk.  Lesson: always get photos(I always have in the
past).  But...the junk owner knew of another car only 100 miles away(Cedar
Rapids), so off I went.  And this one was excellent.  58 3A and about as rust-
free as it's possible to get.  Frame and tub are excellent.  Even floors and
rockers/sills are usable as is.  A couple of body panels are a bit wavy, but I
think by mixing in some from my old car, that I'll have a complete,
presentable car again.

So, I'll be starting reconstruction in the next week or so, as soon as I
finish a couple of projects already underway in the garage (TR6 suspension
rebuild, and likewise on the Formcar).  But, with some help from a friend, I
hope to have it completed for the Triumph-fest at IRP in October.  Seems like
a reasonable objective.

Thanks to all of you who helped, had suggestions, etc.  John Harkness