fot

The Jack, Tony and Francis Drews Spring tour update

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: The Jack, Tony and Francis Drews Spring tour update
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 21:18:23 -0800
Another Jack, Tony and Francis Drews update from sunny and hot Florida.
They all had a great weekend at Sebring and are on the way home to
snow?  At least that's what the weather channel says.  Weather was
excellent in Sebring and the car ran well.  The boys also ran the 3 hour
enduro on Saturday.  They always looked like they were having a good
time.

Also in attendance with tractor TRs were Barry Rosenfield who owns Jim
Ely's old black TR4.  He had Alan (sorry, forgot his last name but it
isnt Pinel) driving since his wife wont let him race the car!  It ran
well but has braking problems due to an under engineered  new dual
master braking system.

Phil Bradbury was in the mix with the green TR3, pretty sure he won the
battle of the Tractor TRs in a shortened race due to an pretty nasty
crash.   and Snook finally arrived on Saturday morning.

The Snook mobile looks even better than before.  It'll give Jack's car a
run for concours awards.  The weekend was used only as a breaking and
troubleshooting session.  In fact they didn't finish the Sunday race due
to high oil temperature.  Glen will check it over before the next
Sebring race with the 12 hr in two weeks.

If I recall correctly there was only one other Triumph, a Spitfire from
the west coast of Florida.  It was not running very well nor very
quickly but was involved in an incident that pretty much destroyed the
car and left it on it's head.  I did not see the incident but others
described it as a one car accident after which another car may have also
hit it.  Others on the net may have other news in a day or two.  I dont
know how to correctly spell the drivers name, some this like Chris
Hawsfield I think.

Frankly, all the Sunday sprint races were total fiascos.  Every group
ran behind the pace car under full course yellow at some point due to
crashes.  They got so far behind schedule after just the second group
that the remaining races were cut from 12 to eight laps.  One race was
red flagged for about 20 minutes before they were sent on their way
again only to have another massive crash 1 lap after they went green for
the second time.  I guess there is no reason for HSR to police the
issue, they had 330+ entries and events like this one and the Mitty just
keep getting bigger in spite of the carnage.

I ran my poor little formula V this weekend.  the open wheel session
also went to pace car and full course yellow after only 3 laps. I was
particularly entertained by being lapped by the lead car after the
double yellow came out!  We had one more hot lap after the carnage was
removed.

opps, sorry, the frustration is oozing out.

mike jackson