fot

Re: Modified Gearbox

To: Malaboge <Malaboge@AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Modified Gearbox
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:02:50 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Malaboge wrote:

> Sorry if some of you receive this twice, but it seems to have gone to the
> electronic netherworld...
>

> FOT Folks-
>
> Well, progress on the GT6 is going slowly (darn life keeps gettin the way of
> the important stuff...),

I hear you on that.

> but I'm about up to seriously lookin at options for
> the gearbox. Since the SCCA gods say we can use any 5 speed, I went lookin for
> one.

Unless this has changed this year, you might need to revisit this issue.
I'm pretty sure you can use a 5 speed, but the final output cannot be
overdrive... at least that's the way I interpret the rules.

Are you building for E-prod?

> A Toyota Corolla box looks like an easy swap, but I just don't know
> anything about the box. Anyone have any experience with the unit, or know
> anyone who does ?

Can't help here.

> If that box is too fragile, a Celica box looks like it could be coaxed in
> there, but it's gonna be a squeeze.

I'll bet the Celica 'box is "better", but it will be a squeeze for sure.

> Experiences, thoughts, opinions, lies ????

Mine's just opinion.

>       Nick in Nor Cal

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |