fot

More Tranny Stuff...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: More Tranny Stuff...
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 23:44:59 EST
Fellow Modifiers...

Many of you have related thoughts as to legality of said 5 speed
conversion...yes, it's only a proposal for all production cars, but the GT6
already has "the go ahead" on this one...at least in my PCS for E/P.
Others have mentioned the miniscule diff on that puppy...I'm all for puttin in
something a little healthier, but then there's that ole legality thing again.
There has also been some mention of the guy in NZ puttin Toyota boxes in TR's,
I've never spoken directly to him, but am given to understand that he has
never done a GT6. From what I can see. the GT is a bit tighter than the big
TR's and the big Toyota box would require quite a bit of frame "mods". It
really does appear that the Corolla box would be a fairly simple "do", but I'm
still hopin somebody has actually "had their hand" on such a conversion, or at
best knows a racer using that box in something else (heard they are used in
sand drag cars ???) as I am still a little unsure of how they would handle the
torque.

Still sifftin and shiftin...
     Nick in Nor Cal

say that three times quick <g>