fot

PIR & Andy

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: PIR & Andy
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:15:11 EST
>From a recent email to the FOT, it is almost as if Andy
wanted a race report from us.

I spent quite some time at Phoenix talking to a Peerless owner/
racer!

The non-news is that it is raining here.  The good news is that
the house is OK!

The Natl. at Thunder Hill was not run.  I found this out
after getting the Aerostar back from the dealer, by mutual
agreement, with part of the recall done (Ford still has not
sent out the official notices in the Nov. recall!).  I had
the vehicle all loaded and the TR3 set up for that track.
A sudden change of plans to run PIR the next weekend.
The P=Phoenix!  I unloaded the Aerostar and took it
back in, as this trip would be too far for the remaining problems.
We had never seen the track, except on TV. With some fine
track hints, thanks again Mordy, we managed to get the car
set up close.  The banking seemed pretty tame in practice.

Please note that the RR hub nut needed to be retorqued after the
first session, but held after that.

 We qualified and ran just behind second place, turning 1:09 laps on old
tires, until I flatspotted the LF at about mid race.  Tech did not like my
thin shoes, and the pedal feeling is poor with my other approved shoes.
(see excuses T shirt)  I'm still in search of the perfect brake pad.

All in all an interesting trip, and the rain held off until we were almost
back to the Bay.  No need to put Antifreeze in the TR3 on the way
home, as Barstow only got down to 39 Deg.

                 Racing Regards,      Hardy