fot

axle end float solved

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: axle end float solved
From: Linda Wright <mxr125@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:16:13 -0500
Hello to all FOT,I wanted to thank all that responded to my axle end
float problem, and to let all who responded that I got the problem
solved. I received a strange looking "thrust button" from Cambridge
Motorsports that consisted of two buttons with a hole in the center and
a small piece of roll steel about 1" long that pressed into the two
buttons to form the thrust button.These were to be assembled together
when the pin was inserted through a small hole in the center of the
Salisbury unit.After all of this being said many of you gave the correct
answer about needing a thrust button but until I received the remaining
pieces required I would have never figured out how it could be done.
 I installed the rear today and the end float adjusted just fine and I
am looking forward to the trip to Savannah this week for my first race
of the season.Thanks for all the help,the FOT are great.
 George Wright,Virginia