fot

Re: Alfin brake drums

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: Alfin brake drums
From: TR BILBO <TRBILBO@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 01:49:43 EDT
Joe...how many sets do you want? There are a lot of dead Z's in the yards
here. I get 8 to ten sets a year at the local pick a part yards her for
various clubmembers and have had them on all my TR's since about '79. Does
take some local work as you described. Except for the inside radius work which
should be done on a lathe I use a file and a steady hand to do the rest. I
made a rod of max diameter to check for concentricity and to make sure they
have enough meat to be turned at least once more or I don't buy them. Usually
find the cleanest ones on the 2+2 260 Z's. Stay in touch.   Bill B & E TICKET
TRIUMPHS