fot

Re: Cam Timing III

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam Timing III
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:57:15 -0400
Amici again,

I apologize for being so slow witted about all this but as I see it the cam
sprocket is through-bolted to the cam shaft. And there are only two pair of
bolt holes offering only two chances, each a half a tooth apart, to get it
right. By reversing the sprocket there are two more shots at it, each a
quarter tooth apart from the reverse side. This means that there is no
opportunity for any more accurate adjustment than finding the right bolt
holes. Hence the closest adjustment one can have is 1/4 of a tooth on the
cam sprocket.

What I have described here is a synthesized collection of gossip, rumor,
old manuals and my own low-grade experience. If it is correct (and I have
no great confidence that it is), I would appreciate any confirmation I can
get. Besides then I don't have to buy a dial indicator.

Thanks again.
Richard Taylor
Atlanta