fot

K & S Alignment/Sharing Information

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: K & S Alignment/Sharing Information
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:56:38 -0500
Amici Triumphi

We have an alignment guy in the area known as "Mr. Indy". Up until a couple
years ago he was in great demand at the Indy 500. When Cart & IRL broke they
were pulling him in two different directions and wanted him to move to
Indianapolis full time...he decided he had enuf on his plate in Waterloo.
This is his measurement of our front suspension settings:

Camber   Left = 1.52 degrees      Right = 1.34 degrees           Fixed
Caster      Left = 2.34 degrees     Right = 3.45 degrees           Fixed
Toe Out    Left =   .01"                  Right =   .03"
.040    Total

These measurements were taken with "driver" in place. My objectives were to
(1) Have a second set of eyes inspect the overall condition (safety) of the
suspension components after 5 years of racing, (2) Discover the actual
camber set in the car when  we modified it, (3) Provide a benchmark for
further measurements to see if things are "moving around".

Any comments on the above measurements and approach?

We have always been quite pleased with the handling characteristics of our
TR4. No unusual wear pattern has been experienced on the front tires with
BFGs or Hoosiers. Are we doing good?...can we do better? This is our only
experience with modifying a suspension. Perhaps some of the new guys joining
us with their TR3s and TR4s can benefit from some of this info, too.

Thanks.....Alexander Racing