fot

Re: Triumphant (or crazy - probably both)

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@FORBIN.COM>
Subject: Re: Triumphant (or crazy - probably both)
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
Jack, Tony et. al.
I'm glad to hear that you are pleased w/results obtained using POR-15 on
the frame restoration. I already have a quart of it I was going to
use for the same purpose.  One drawback I became aware of w/POR-15 is the
UV sensitivity, but I suppose the frame won't wee much sunlight afterall.
An alternative is the PPG-epoxy DP-40 which apparently sprays quite well
and has been used by others to seal the underbody and fender wells etc.
against rust.  Any suggestions/experiences pro/con with the epoxy
finishes??  Thanks in advance as usual...
-KevinO