fot

help

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: help
From: JHarkness <JHarkness@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 17:37:47 EDT
Wonder if someone out there can help me.  Acquired a new set of liners and
pistons to refresh the engine as I rebuild by TR3 vintage racer.  Numerous
parts were at the machine shop for various adjustments, including the liners
which need to be shortened as the block had been decked at some point.
Wouldn't you know it?  The shop ruined one of the new liners.  Popped out of
the lathe chuck and dented the sealing surface and cracked the liner at  the
bottom.  I've contacted the Roadster Factory and they may be able to find a
single liner, although they don't normally offer them that way.  While I'm
waiting for their response(probably not before Monday), I'd thought I'd ask
you all.  Anyone have a new 87, 86, or 83 mm liner they'd be willing to part
with?  BTW, the shop did say they'd make good on the part, but the trick is
finding one.  Yes, I could always pull an old one out of one of the blocks in
the garage, but I really wanted to make it all new parts.  Anyone?   Thanks
for your help.  John Harkness.