fot

Re: Axle report {It ain't over til it's over}

To: spirals@ESINET.NET, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axle report {It ain't over til it's over}
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 17:24:51 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/98 1:10:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
spirals@esinet.net writes:

<< I'll also be shedding a little extra ballast and cleaning up the
 aerodynamics. Hardy, seems our local Miata racer purchased Boigs runoffs
 engine and stuck it in his car over the winter. It was good for about 5
 seconds! This is going to be an interesting series.....

 Later
 Chip

 <snip>  I'm still here,  just attempting to run 4 nationals in under 5 weeks.

Miata X was at Thunderhill and beat the GT2 cars.  The 3 mile long new track
is interesting.  The split brake system has been a dangerous adventure.
The rear system does need a residual pressure valve if you use the 10"
al-fins, big wheel cyls., and real race tires.

My Std/Std hub/halfshafts seem to need retorquing more after running
tracks with bad bumps; I check them after most sessions & do NOT
use locktight on the taper.  (OK locktight experts:  Prod  Prod   :-)

I wonder if your new hub tight spot was from the key slightly working
in the edge of the keyway.

The RX7s continue to come out of the woodwork.

Joe, got your test mail

Back to the TR                                HP